How it Works
Register as an individual member by completing the Membership Commitment and return it to our office by email, fax or mail. Full instructions can be found at the bottom of the registration form.
As an individual member you must commit to donating $100 per meeting. There are 4 meetings per year lasting 1 hour in length.
Each individual member can submit a Charity Nomination Form to nominate an organization of their choice for consideration. Forms must be received by the Friday 4 weeks prior to the meeting.
Three charities/organizations will be randomly chosen the Friday 4 weeks before the next meeting. The member who nominated that charity/organization, or the organization that the member has nominated, will have the opportunity to make a 5 minute presentation about the charity to the group. Note: You do have the option not to nominate a charity if you so desire, but you must fulfill your $100 commitment per meeting.
After the three charities have been presented, each individual member will vote for one of the three chosen charities. Note: You are allowed 1 vote per individual member.
After all votes are tallied, each individual member will write a cheque totalling $100 to the organization receiving the most votes and the selected organization will receive a total donation of up to $10,000!
PREPARING TO PRESENT YOUR CHARITY
The presentation should be no longer than five (5) minutes. It should include the following information:
- What is the name of the organization?
- Where is the organization located?
- What is the mission of the organization?
- What purpose does the organization serve? (Who do they serve? What do they do? How do they do it?)
- How would the organization benefit from receiving the donation?
- How will the funds be used?
- What other sources of funding does the organization have?
- Describe your personal interactions with the organization or how you learned of the organization?
IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO ATTEND THE MEETING
For those men who are unable to attend please fill out the Proxy Ballot Form. You can give another member authority to vote on your behalf as long as they present the Proxy Ballot form AND a cheque for $100 on your behalf.